This could be the most important issue I’ve ever written because it relates to the health of those in your restaurant family – your employees.
Here’s the scenario:
- A sudden, life-altering circumstance hits one of your employees – like a medical diagnosis, a car accident or a house fire.
- That employee is looking at unmanageable financial and emotional difficulties … especially when that employee has children to care for … and his/her job is the bread and butter of the household.
- Without an income coming in, how will household bills get paid? How will the children be supported and taken care of?
- What would you do if this happened to one of your kitchen staff, someone in your restaurant family? How would you help this family member?
- Fortunately, there’s a program for the restaurant industry that can help you help the family of your employee during this difficult situation. The program is CORE – Children of Restaurant Employees.
- For those employees who are caring for children, CORE can provide support.
- CORE is a national 501(c)(3) organization that supports children of restaurant employees navigating life-altering circumstances.
- Since 2004, CORE has provided support to almost 200 families across the country and the industry and raised over $2.1 million.
- When a restaurant employee’s family struggles to stay afloat during a medical diagnosis or family death, accident, or loss of home from fire or natural disaster, CORE helps them stay on top of house payments, bills and medical or equipment costs.
- CORE can also purchase clothing and toys, or send food and other necessities. When a parent or child passes away, CORE can pay for a funeral or a memorial, or help plan a family retreat to re-center and grieve.
- CORE knows that the core of the restaurant service industry is your employees … and the families they work to support … and the core of the families is the children.
- CORE is an invaluable resource during an unexpected medical crisis to one of your employees.
- Is there an employee on your team that needs help? Then here’s what you do right now: Refer that employee for support at www.COREgives.org
- If everyone’s healthy, then become a COREporate Member or Ambassador … or host your own promotion or event to benefit CORE.
- CORE allows you to give back to your employees. Just jump on board and do this! Let’s take care of your restaurant family. They’re all you’ve got.
- For more information, visit COREgives.org or call 404-655- 4690.